Well, I cannot believe that we are already in the third trimester with our littlest boy. Time has truly flown by! Life tends to keep us pretty busy, so part of me isn’t surprised, but dang, it’s still gone a bit faster than I had hoped it would.
Getting to see his sweet face one last time today before his arrival was the icing on the 28-week cake. We almost passed on any further ultrasounds after the big 20 week one, but with a 3d/4d place in town, we simply couldn’t resist one more look. He is just so dang cute, and we couldn’t believe how much he looks like his big brother!
As I begin the journey of brand new, amazing smelling, squishy little baby all over again, I’m reminded of the items that truly saved me during those first few months. It can be hard to compile a list like this before your first, because sometimes these things simply take trial and error. But now, I feel like I’ve done the trench work to write a list about the items that I really really cannot live without and will likely use with all of my babies! Some are universally amazing, others worked for us for random reasons, but all are pretty darn great. So if you’re in the need for some real time, non sponsored, baby item breakdown, this is for you. I’ve also added some new items that have been highly recommended to me by my trusty Mama friends that I am pretty excited to use this time around, as well.
:: MY NEW BABY MUST HAVES::
- Dishwasher Basket: This this is a lifesaver, it keeps all the bits and bobs in one place and not melted on the bottom of your dishwasher. You’re welcome. *Shop Below
- Bugaboo Buffalo Stroller: It’s pricey but it’s worth the investment, I promise. By far my favorite thing to stroll around with. The buffalo in particular is wonderful because it has all terrain tires, making walks basically anywhere a breeze. I also love that the set comes with a basinet, and a seat that they can grow into. We also recently bought the hover board & seat attachment for Dawson to use when baby brother takes his place in the big seat. Plus, over 8 canopy color options… need I say more? *Shop Below
- Kickee Pants Pjs: Easily the comfiest, softest pjs for little ones! I can’t get enough of these bad boys.
- Solly Baby Wrap: There are so many baby wraps on the market, and this one just so happens to be my favorite. Its light enough to wear in the summer, and neutral enough for Dad to partake in the fun. I also love that it isn’t as bulky as other carriers, and can be easily wrapped into itself for easy storage.
- Candy Kirby Designs Knotted Gown: There’s something so effortless about a knotted gown during a 3am diaper change. It makes those late nights & early mornings just a tad easier… and cuter. This is easily my favorite brand for anything baby/kid apparel, I am a sucker for well-made basics, and she does them right. You simply can’t go wrong with anything from this shop.
- Dockatot: This is a new one here. I have friends who absolutely swear by it’s powerful sleeping powers, so I am excited to use it!… and perhaps get some extra zzz’s? *Shop Below
- Sleep Sheep White Noise Maker: I love this darn little sheep. It has various white noises and an automatic timer. It’s also got a velcro strap so it never needs to be sitting in the bassinet or crib with your little one. My Husband and I were sad to see it leave our room when Dawson went to his nursery after a few month, because well, those whale noises were a dream. *Shop Below
- Winkel Rattle: This is literally the one toy that Dawson couldn’t get enough of when he was a baby. I don’t know why, but hey… it works! *Shop Below
- Owlet Baby Monitor: Ok, this is another new one for me, but I have heard noting but good things. Can you say peace of mind? Yes please!
- Lou Lou and Company Swaddle Blankets: I love these blankets, they’re stretchy & light, perfect for those first few weeks when baby can’t quite get out of your burrito wrap yet. I still use these for my toddler during nap time.
- Comfort and Harmony Woombie Zippered Swaddle: We used this thing for probably far longer than we should have but Dawson absolutely loved it, and I swear by it. A swaddle blanket is great until your baby learns that they have decent karate moves and can get out of a swaddle in 7 seconds flat. Enter the zipper swaddle. It keeps them so secure and comfy… and asleep!